Welcome to 1800Asbestos.com
Welcome to 1800Asbestos.com, a Web site dedicated to providing visitors with comprehensive information about asbestos-related health risks and illnesses caused by asbestos exposure. This site includes the most current information on all topics relating to mesothelioma, a rare cancer caused almost exclusively by asbestos exposure. With pages dedicated to basic mesothelioma information, treatment options and up-and-coming research, 1800Asbestos.com is a valuable resource for visitors seeking information about asbestos-related illnesses.
Resources for Mesothelioma Patients and Loved Ones
1800Asbestos.com is committed to providing the most accurate and up to date information to you and your family. For a List of Top Mesothelioma Hospitals
>> Click Here
1800Asbestos.com provides numerous pages with information about mesothelioma. Mesothelioma patients and their loved ones may not know where to begin once they are faced with a mesothelioma diagnosis. Below is a recommended guide to possible pages of interest available at 1800Asbestos.com for visitors unsure where to start.
- Mesothelioma Overview - Basic information about mesothelioma, causes, types and next steps
- Mesothelioma Symptoms - Description of symptoms associated with the various types of mesothelioma
- Mesothelioma Diagnosis - Information about the diagnosis process and testing
- Mesothelioma Treatment - Comprehensive information about treatment options available to mesothelioma patients
- Legal Options - Detailed description of legal options available to mesothelioma patients
Treatment Options for Mesothelioma Patients
Explore the variety of treatment options available to mesothelioma patients. For a list of the latest Treatment Options and Clinical Trials >> Click Here
The treatment section of 1800Asbestos.com includes comprehensive information about traditional treatment options often used by mesothelioma patients, as well as alternative and unconventional treatment options. A list of top mesothelioma doctors, cancer centers and up-to-date information about clinical trials are also available to visitors.
Typical treatment options recommended for mesothelioma patients include surgery, chemotherapy and radiation. Doctors often recommend a combination of two types of treatment to combat the cancer. Though a cure for mesothelioma does not currently exist, many patients elect to undergo treatment to increase the quality of life or prolong the predicted survival time.
- Mesothelioma Treatment - Overview of the various treatment options available
- Top Doctors - Information about mesothelioma doctors and a comprehensive listing of top doctors
- Treatment Centers - Comprehensive list of mesothelioma treatment centers
- Clinical Trials - Up-to-date information about the latest development in clinical trials and how to participate in a study
Veterans and Asbestos Exposure
Military vessels were major sites of asbestos exposure from the 1930s to the 1970s. For free Help in Filing Your VA claim >> Click Here
Many veterans who served their country from the 1930s through the 1970s were exposed to asbestos. More than 30 percent of patients diagnosed with mesothelioma are veterans, and U.S. Navy veterans comprise 16 percent of asbestos-related lung cancer diagnoses. 1800Asbestos.com offers additional information about how and where asbestos exposure likely occurred, and provides resources to assist veterans with VA claims.
- Veterans Overview - Comprehensive information for veterans with mesothelioma and details on how, when and where asbestos exposure occurred
- Navy Veterans - Information catered to veterans who served in the Navy and next steps for those diagnosed with mesothelioma
- Veterans Benefits Assistance - Information on how veterans can receive free assistance with VA Claims and other related benefits
Exposure to Asbestos on the Job
Asbestos was once used as a major component in building and industrial materials, leaving many occupations susceptible to exposure. For more information on your specific jobsite exposure
>> Click Here
The majority of people diagnosed with an asbestos-related illness were exposed to asbestos while at work. Though specific occupations were placed at a greater risk of exposure, those exposed to asbestos on the job were frequently victims of repeated asbestos exposure.
Job sites such as asbestos mines and manufacturing plants where asbestos-contaminated products were created are commonly found to be the source of the asbestos exposure that lead to a mesothelioma diagnosis.
Certain occupations such as firefighters, electricians and auto mechanics were also frequently placed at risk of asbestos exposure.
Learn About Your Legal Rights
Treatment for an asbestos-related disease can be very expensive. Because of this, speaking with an experienced asbestos attorney about the legal options available could result in financial assistance to help pay for medical expenses.
However, finding a qualified asbestos attorney to represent your case can be a challenging task. 1800Asbestos.com offers those seeking assistance with filing a claim a number of different options and can guide you through the selection process. Additional information about legal options is provided through the following links: